Brooklyn Queen Talks Touring, her Favorite Songs, and Using Her Influence for Good
Brooklyn Queen is proof that you’re never too young to start making your dreams come true! She recorded her first song when she was just five years old, and now at thirteen, Brooklyn has gained a massive following of super passionate fans. It all began last year when her Keke Taught Me music video went viral – it earned over half a million views in just one month!
The past year has brought a lot of firsts for Brooklyn. She dropped her first album, hit the road for her first tour, and appeared on the Brat series, The Talent Show! Brooklyn uses her voice both in her songs and via her social platforms to spread positivity and empower girls to live their biggest dreams.
When she’s not busy taking the music industry by storm, Brooklyn loves creating wild nail art, watching scary movies, and spending time with her family. Get to know Brooklyn Queen as she shares her favorite songs, the best part of going on tour, and how she got her start!
Get to Know Brooklyn Queen:
- How did you first discover your love for music and performing?
- BROOKLYN QUEEN: My Kindergarten talent show. I was 5 years old and I got a feeling when I performed that was amazing. I knew it was meant for me to an entertainer!
- You pretty much exploded onto the music scene and found huge popularity. How do you use your influence for good?
- BROOKLYN: I encourage my supporters to always follow their dreams and stay away from negativity. Also, be kind. A smile can go a long way.
- Who are a few of your musical influences?
- BROOKLYN: Beyoncé and Chris Brown.
- Top 3 Time! What are your Top 3 favorite songs of all time and your Top 3 favorite songs of the moment?
- BROOKLYN: All-Time:
Halo by Beyoncé
Keep Your Head Up by 2PAC
Pretty Hurts by Beyoncé Of the Moment:
Mama MIA by Brooklyn Queen
Trip by Ella Mai
Level Up by Ciara
- You recently wrapped up a tour and have more dates on the way. What do you love most about touring and performing for your fans?
- BROOKLYN: Traveling and meeting my supporters. I love performing for my supporters, making them smile, and sharing the good energy!
- Do you ever get nervous before a performance? How do you find your calm and confidence so you can get on with the show?
- BROOKLYN: I don’t get nervous. I do get butterflies, but I think it’s me being excited. I pray and talk to my mom.
View this post on Instagram
- In addition to your music, you were recently on the Brat series, The Talent Show. Tell us a little about that experience.
- BROOKLYN: Brat Talent Show was an amazing experience. Everyone was so nice, and it was so much fun being able to act and perform with so many talented teammates.
- You’ve accomplished SO much already, but do you have any other dreams or goals for your future?
- BROOKLYN: Yes! Getting Beyoncé to want to meet me is a goal of mine.
- Do you have any words of wisdom you’d like to share with all the girls out there?
- BROOKLYN: Never quit on yourself.
Now that you’re basically besties with Brooklyn Queen, get to know fellow rapper, Sky Katz!