Charlotte Mackey Dishes on Her Goals for the Future and Living Life to the Fullest
Charlotte Mackey is a the definition of a triple threat! This singer, dancer, and actress has loved performing for as long as she can remember. Since she was a kid, she loved putting on shows for anyone who would watch. Now at just 13, Charlotte has already shared her talents both on stage and in front of the camera. She is extremely passionate about her craft and dreams of performing on Broadway.
Get to know Charlotte Mackey as she chats about her love of performing, where she’s hoping to travel, and her goals for the future!
Get to Know Charlotte Mackey:
- How did you first discover your love for performing and how did you get your start?
- CHARLOTTE MACKEY: I’ve always loved performing whether its dancing or singing. Ever since I was a little girl I can remember prancing around the house always putting on a show for anyone and everyone that would watch. I would go to the lengths of creating tickets for everyone to attend. A few years ago, I discovered film and television through a friend. I started to dabble in acting classes and then was lucky enough to score my first short film. Then I was hooked! I instantly fell in love with the whole craft. I always enjoy meeting new people in the industry who I can share my passions with.
- What is your favorite role you’ve taken on so far?
- CHARLOTTE: My favorite role to date would be Sarah from Louder Than Words. It was a short film about chasing your dreams no matter the obstacle. I was very privileged to be a part of this tremendous film with a beyond amazing cast and crew. The character of Sarah was that of a shy yet loyal girl who was also an incredible artist. Sarah became friends with a hearing-impaired girl whose father believed she was incapable of being a normal girl. Layla, the girl who played this character, has now become a lifelong friend.
- What do you love most about acting and dancing?
- CHARLOTTE: What I love about acting is that you get to play someone other than yourself yet at the same time elements of yourself filter through into the character. I love being able to share stories that the audience can connect with, whether it be comedy, drama, romance or superhero’s saving the world. At some point everyone would’ve sat in an audience and connected with what they were seeing.
Dancing is exhilarating and also very challenging but at the same time it gives you a feeling of complete satisfaction. It is similar to acting in the way that you tell stories but it is done through dance in various genres.
- Do you have a dream role?
- CHARLOTTE: At this point I don’t see myself in a particular genre or character however, my dream role would include everything I am passionate about something like The Greatest Showman or Victorious would be awesome!
- What are your favorite school subjects?
- CHARLOTTE: My favorite school subject would definitely have to be Dance. However if I had to pick a subject other than dance, then I would say Math. I like the challenges involved in Math, particularly in Algebra. I find it really interesting how most things in Math have a pattern.
- Is there somewhere you dream of traveling?
- CHARLOTTE: There are a number of places that are on my bucket list, but one in particular is Hawaii. I can imagine sitting on the beach relaxing with a mocktail in hand watching as the sun sets, and later swimming in the clear blue sea!
- What is a goal you have for the future?
- CHARLOTTE: I have a couple of goals for the future which are in no particular order, one of which is landing a role on Broadway. I would also love to become a successful actress in either a TV series or movies or both. One of my all-time favorite series is Gossip Girl.
- How do you celebrate your girl power?
- CHARLOTTE: I celebrate girl power by encouraging others to be confident and kind. Positivity goes a long way and I fully believe that sometimes actions really do speak louder than words. I hope to inspire people and give them hope that they can make a difference no matter how big or small the effort or result seems.
- Do you have any words of wisdom you’d like to share with your fans?
- CHARLOTTE: My words of wisdom would be… have fun! Be yourself live each day to its fullest with a smile on your face, but never be afraid to show your emotions and talk about them. At the end of the day happiness isn’t measured by the clothes you wear, the cars you drive, or where you holiday happiness comes from within.
Now that you know Charlotte, we think you’ll love learning more about actress Ruby Grace Barker!